[Spridgets] Honda CV Joint

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu Jun 5 11:33:02 MDT 2008

My daughter needs to eek one more year out of her school car, a '92 Honda Accord that can't pass emissions requirements in many states.  Her mechanic recommends replacing torn CV boots for $180, which seems reasonable to me.  She is reluctant to spend the money for one year of use.  Any thoughts on the likelihood that the joints will survive a year of casual driving with leaky boots?  Would duck tape help?  Would periodic squirts of grease through the holes help?

Michael Rowe