[Spridgets] Nutria

RampantNM at aol.com RampantNM at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 13:29:19 MDT 2008

No, but it looks like fun.

When I was a kid my folks had a cabin on a lake in central Texas.  At  ages
10-13 or so, my best bud and I would go for the weekend and get us early to  go
"Hunting" with our Benjamin .177 pellet guns.  We brought home rabbits,
frogs, turtles, and such.

One winter morning when the lake was about half covered with ice, we sat on
a boat dock and took turns shooting at Nutria that were walking across the
lake.  At 25 yards or so, the nutria would stop when the pellet hit, turn  and
snarl at us, and keep walking.  Apparently the wet fur was frozen and  the
pellets were just bouncing off.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for  experienced hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be  inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter seven of the Haynes shop  manual.

In a message dated 6/4/2008 3:20:52 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,