[Spridgets] Honda CV Joint

Guy Weller guy.weller at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 03:49:12 MDT 2008

My wife collected her car from a routine garage service. After a couple of
miles she noticed a red light on the dash that she thought wasn't there
before, but as it had just been serviced she assumed they had fixed
something and it was supposed to be like that.

10 miles later the engine siezed, blew out the crank seals, broke a con rod.
Totalled the engine.
She called out the breakdown service. The man opened the bonnet and said -
where's your radiator cap?

We then had 10 months of battling with the garage before they would accept
that their "mechanic" had forgotten to replace the filler cap when he
checked the water.
Talk about understanding the consequences!

Guy
(the other one)