[Spridgets] need help on color for front valence assembly

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 13:46:46 MDT 2008

Bud,

I think that you are going to get different answers but here is my
two cents.

First I am not sure about a '73 but my '60 had the radiator supports
and the front ends of the frame painted gloss black everything else
was body color.  However I have talked with folks where only the
radiator supports were black and other folks where none of it was
black.  The bottom line is that it would depend on what day of the
week it was and what paint was on hand as to how it was painted at
the factory.  So unless you are doing a concours car do what you like.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor)
2000 Miata Special Edition