[Spridgets] LotO meet show questions..

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:22:17 MDT 2008

I think I shared this story before, but I'll do it again, what the hell.
Many years ago, Martha and I were at a car show in the 68 and 65 Sprites. We
were on the far side of the 65, away from the 68, sitting in the shade. I
was watching a father and his 13 or 14 year old son, looking at the 68. The
son stands next to the drivers side, with his elbow hovering above the
windscreen, just barely not touching. Father is lining up the camera for a
shot, when I stand up and ask them what they think they are doing.
Father tells me that the son wanted a photo near the car. I proceed to tell
him, if he wants a photo, he needs to be IN the car. I get the door open,
set him behind the wheel, get his arm up on the door and wing window, like
he's out cruising. Dad gets a photo, and that kid left with the biggest grin
you ever did see.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Dave G. <dmg at bossig.com> wrote:

> I think the idea is to have fun, show off what you've done, and ignore the
> comments of the Hoi Polloi
>
> My car usually has a sign in the windshield that reads "You can touch me",
> and I always let the kids sit in the drivers' seat
>
> Dave G.
>
> On 11 Jun 2008 at 8:48, Lester wrote:
> >> Is there any reason for a car with a 5sp tranny, an Aussie boot
> >> badge, carpet, Judson, and Moss air ducting to enter the show or is
> >> it just a waste of the judges time?
> >>
> >> Would it be better to sit back and sleep or something ??
>

> --
> Dave G.   KK7SS
> '65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA
> "Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."
>    Terry Pratchett, 'Hogfather'

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad