[Spridgets] Engine pull

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 03:24:15 MDT 2008

I purchased a 1/2" drive extension at a pawn shop, and ground the sides just
enough to have it fit the plug.
Once you get the drums and the half shaft retaining screw removed, rap the
centre of the half shaft smartly with the lead hammer you have for removing
your wire wheels. That should help release the seals from the housing, as
well as help loosen it from the diff inside.

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Jim Johnson <bmwwxman at gmail.com> wrote:

> A question for the group while I'm at it.  I have a 3.92 diff I want to
> install.  I also need to replace the rear hubs gaskets and O rings. What
> size is the square drain plug on the banjo and are there any tricks to
> pulling the half shafts and diff?
>
> Cheers!!
> Jim
>
> On 6/14/08, Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > Bill L wrote:
> > >      and i don't think they start timing until AFTER they have the
> > >      bonnet off the car... (CHEATERS!)
> > >

> > Who takes the bonnet off? That is a major waste of time.
> > Pull the 8 bolts in the manifolds, set the carbs (still assembled with
> > cables in place) on the wheel well, tie the exhaust (again still hooked
> > up) to the steering column, undo a few bolts and pull it out.
> > Takes about an hour or so.
> >

> > --
> > Frank Clarici
> > Toms River, NJ

> --
> Cheers!!
> Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
> Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29,
> 2008!!
> For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad