[Spridgets] LOTO trip

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Tue Jun 17 06:18:29 MDT 2008

The St Louis Arch has a pretty cool museum. And I think you can still
ride to the top in little tiny drum barrel type cars. The view is
pretty cool, but I hope the replaced the windows since I was there
about 15 years ago.

Going though St Louis one trip was kinda wild. I was driving a
Suburban loaded with people (9) and camping gear, returning to PA
after a canoe/camping trip on the Illinois River in OK. We hit the
rat's nest of interchanges over the river just after dusk. Trying to
find an off ramp to I70 East over the River, surrounded by 18 wheelers
and crazy people, while everyone else  in the Suburban is going,
"Cool!! Look at all the great Fireworks over the River!!!!' I tried to
watch, but it was either have the fireworks be the last thing any of
us ever saw, or miss the show. I am still here, so . . . .

Have a GREAT Trip Phil, (and to all others going to LOTO) I'll miss ya
at MG '08.

Larry

On Jun 16, 2008, at 7:34 PM, Phil Nase wrote:

> Well it turns out the Vintage Grand Prix isn't until July. (Thanks
> Charley).  But I'm still looking for things to see along the way.
>
> Phil
>
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 7:00 PM, Phil Nase wrote:
>
>> We're leaving eastern PA on Saturday to begin our trip to the meet.
>> We plan to head to Pittsburgh to catch some of the Vintage Grand
>> Prix before continuing on.
>>
>> We're taking 70 W to St Louis and then to MO.  Since we have lots of
>> time we would like to stop and see some local attractions along the
>> way.  Any suggestions?
>>
>> We'll be keeping a watch on the forecast St. Louis flooding.  If we
>> do try to avoid St. Louis does anyone know of a good alternate route.
>>
>> Sadly we won't have the Sprite because the 5 speed is out for repair
>> so we'll be driving the plastic car and watching you guys have all
>> the fun.
>>

>> Phil Nase
>> Quakertown, PA
>> http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/
>> bugi1960 at gmail.com

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Declare your Independence, Bring your MG to MG 2008
Valley Forge, PA June 26-29, 2008
http://mg2008.com

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in
sideways, Margaritas in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!".