[Spridgets] Carb questions

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Wed Jun 18 13:47:49 MDT 2008

I am back in business after a long recovery from back and groin wrenchings caused by over-enthusiastic cutting and grinding on Rusty Rip-off.

All of my carbs of various vintages appear also to be individually mixed and matched with bits broken off or left off here and there.

1.  Most of the float valves remain sticky after cleaning.  Is it likely that the needles and seats might be worn in such a way that they bind?

2.  One of the front float lids appears to have a non-return ball in it, along with some fuzz that might once have been a fiber washer.  What is supposed to be in there?

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY