[Spridgets] battery acid on the terminals crap

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 07:21:47 MDT 2008

List,
We all know the battery in our Spridigets are in a bad location and I dread
to remove mine as I fear throwing my back out once again. I have the usual
acid buildup on my terminals and I tried those little pads which don't work
and I don't want to clean it again without removing it so I can get it
really clean using baking soda wash. Do those terminal sprays work to reduce
the acid buildup or should I use petroleum jelly and does that work? Or
should I replace my battery with a screw post type battery and of course
replace the cables? I have never had corrosion on my screw down type of
batteries. Are our Sprites using 500 cold cranking amps I may swap this
battery for my 67 VW camper and buy a screw type for the Sprite.
Lin

PS Woops I better change into the I don't care jeans if I'm playing around
with batteries I just hate holes in my nice jeans :)

62 California Sprite (Pinky)
www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner