[Spridgets] Removing a cut-off bolt.... Ideas??

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Sat Jun 28 11:51:26 MDT 2008

My beast is a '65 Sprite.
On the drivers side of the tunnel is/was a place for the seat belt securing bolt.
One of the DPO's has cut this bolt off (!) leaving less than 1/8" of bolt
showing... and then painted over it...
I would like to solicit ideas on how to remove this sawn off bolt so I can use the
built in threaded part to install some proper seat belts...
I have no power tools --- only hand tools.

If this seems like a impossible task, has anybody had any experiences with the
Moss Motors "Hook mount" or "snap mount" seat belts...e.g. their part #222-
239??

TIA....

--
Dave G.   KK7SS