[Spridgets] Bugeye original paint

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Mon Jun 30 07:42:55 MDT 2008

>> "But the colours were supposed to indicate the nationality of the DRIVER,
>> not
the car."

Actually, the cars were painted the national color of the team (or in
Germany's case, were sometimes the silver of the metal as opposed to paint
because it weighed less). The Drivers' nationality was represented by the
color of his Helmet. At least that's the way I remember it from the books
I've read on the subject...

I think you are right, David B. At any rate, it is not the nationality of
the car (I was half right).
According to the 1977 FIA Yearbook, Appendix I, "The use of distinctive
colours of nationality is compulsory when the supplementary regulations
require it. These colours are determined by the nationality of the
competitor."
Who is the "coompetitor"? Team owner? Driver?
David L