[Spridgets] Fw: History of Car Logos

Pat pelliott at innercite.com
Mon Mar 3 09:42:54 MST 2008

My sources tell me....

Subaru was started by a group of Southern California investors. They saw the
coming market for small cheap cars so they hired some designers from Japan
and once they had a working design, they shopped for a manufacture. The
first year or two of subi's were made by a couple of different builders, I
don't know who. I've heard a few were made in Mexico, some in Japan, and the
rest in Korea. Fuji eventually won the contract and over the years bought
into larger percentages of the brand. By the mid 80's they bought out the
last remaining percentage.

 I have a friend who worked for Subaru in the 80's as a test driver. He
drove a couple of hundred miles at night across the deserts of So cal, five
nights a week for months on end.