[Spridgets] Where's my Oil? No LBC, but auto related

rrengineer at dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Mon Mar 10 01:06:03 MST 2008

     I have a 2004 Honda Accord Coupe, 5 speed, 4 cylinder.  About 4 days
ago I was comong home from work (63 miles) and 5 miles from home my
oil light started blinking.  I pulled into a convenience store
parking lot and found no oil on the dipstick.  It took 3 quarts to
fill it back up!  I had to put in the wrong wt oil because the
convenience store did not have 5W-20.  So, I immediately went to the
Honda dealer near me and had the oil changed.  When it was on the
lift I looked under the car.  It was bone dry under there.  No leaks
from the drain plug or filter.  I had not changed the oil in about
7000 miles because I work 7 days a week and did not have a chance to.
 Or, maybe I forgot.  Anyway even if you go 7000 miles on a car that
has 72000 miles on it, the oil should be dark, not missing.  So now I
have gone 3 round trips to work after the oil cjange and I am down
more than half a quart!  Where could the oil be going?!?  It is not
in the antifreeze or leaking and there is no blue smoke out the back.
 I'm ready to do another oil change and sell it or trade it in.

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2