[Spridgets] Carburetor Question

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 19:23:01 MST 2008

I really think it is a little above my friend to rebuild any Carburetor. A little history - He is produce guy. You can ask him any thing about any thing that is grown for food. He can give you the complete story along with the best way to cook it. He is also a real nice guy. I helped him put a metal shed together last summer. Lets just say it was a very interesting day and leave it at that. LOL  He really is not mechanically gifted. If any thing quite the opposite. I went by to see the car today. The Carburetors do not look that bad over all. I think if the were insink & tuned they would probably fine like people on the group suggested. I am not any good at doing twin SU Carburetors. What does a shop usually charge to tune the Carburetors. A ball park figure is fine. I am sure there is some variations between shops. At least it will give him an idea of what he will be spending.

  Thanks for all your help,

  Vigil

Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net> wrote:
  I 2nd what David said.
Get a pair of kits from one of the guys on the list, new throttlle
shafts and butterflys. Have him rebuild them himself, it is a great
simple learning process. And for about $100 for the pair, he's good to go.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ