[Spridgets] Bugeye Windshield Frame

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Mar 26 18:43:09 MST 2008

I sanded mine down with 400 grit dry, then 1500 grit wet, I did my
cockpit surround the same way.
Then some Mothers (or any) aluminum polish and it looks like chrome.
I do the semi annual upkeep with something called Speedy alum polish but
that is only available thru someone in the detailing trade. Fantanstic
stuff and my detail connection moved to Arkansas so when I'm out, I'm out.
I polish my alum twice a season, like I just started the other night on
the Bugeye but got side tracked, I do it again late summer.
Clear coat over aluminum turns yellow, I just polish it and it comes up
like chrome every time.
The initial sanding and buffing was tough but I think it was worth the
effort in the end.
With the sandpaper you can sort of sand out the imperections too. Not
perfect but they do look much better than some of those gouges we all have.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ