[Spridgets] Tight Steering

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sat May 3 07:14:37 MDT 2008

> With the front wheels off the ground, it took much force to spin the
> steering wheel. I spent a while (hours!) flushing out the rack, and
> refilled it. Now you can turn it from lock to lock with one finger. It
> moves smoothly.

Marc,
WHAT did you fill it with? The early Spridgets used the Morris Minor
steering rack which used oil, but your 1973 has a Triumph rack which should
be greased. The easy way to tell seems to be that if it has a grease
fitting, it wants to be oiled, if it does NOT have a zerk, it somehow wants
you to grease it.
David