[Spridgets] Original Battery dimensions

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat May 3 18:47:34 MDT 2008

Brad Fornal wrote:
> I have the battery retaining bar (an original style metal one, not a wooden
> one) and the "J" bolt hold downs. My problem is, the "J" bolts are too
> short.
Yo, you got something against wooden battery hold downs?
They will never rust, corrode, or short out across the posts.
As for the J bolts, any chinese autoparts seller has them for a buck or
2, they are too long, cut them down, throw away the  stamped wing nuts
and get a pair 1/4 x 20 stainless wing nuts and you will be good to go.
As for the metal bar, you WILL replace that after the first time it
shorts across the posts. Wood is good.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ