[Spridgets] Plus one wheel size/availability?

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 13:01:12 MDT 2008

Does anybody have experience mounting a 14" wheel on a square arch Spridget?  I know (or at least think I know) the regular size is a 13"x5" wheel.  I was thinking about getting some mini-lites or a copy thereof and thought the car might look even better with a slightly lower profile tire on a 14" wheel.  I don't even know if anybody makes a 14" in the appropriate bolt pattern and offset.

  Does anybody know of a 14"x5" minilite-looking wheel with the same offset and bolt pattern?

  Could maybe a properly-offset 14"x5.5" wheel work or is that not advisable for some reason?

  Has anybody done this or seen anybody do it and not have to mess with the rear fenders?

  I have no problem with 13's if nothing is out there, as custom-made wheels are not an option on my budget.  It's just that I've been hanging plus-1 or plus-2 sized wheels on my toy cars for over 20 years now - I just love the look.

  Thanks,
   - David Booker
  Long Island
  '71 Midget