[Spridgets] What tires do I want?

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sun May 11 17:43:09 MDT 2008

> Tire Rack also sells the Yokohama Avid series in 13"  Somewhat of a
> performance tire.  I'm happy with mine anyway.

I am still trying to figure out which season they were optimized for.
I was happy to replace mine with the Sumitomo HTR200. I
cannot begin to describe what the Avid TS felt like on a wet
Autobahn track in Joliet last year. Unfortunately, there really
aren't any tire companies out there interested in producing a
performance tire in a size appropriate to a Spridget. Even if
you move up to a 14" rim, the selection under a 195 width is
meager.
David Lieb