[Spridgets] midget engine removal

bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com
Wed May 21 06:37:03 MDT 2008

---- Marc <smarc at smarc.net> wrote:
> OK, first time engine removal for me, know some of you can do this in
> your sleep...

Jack up the back of the car, not the front especially if you are working in a low ceilinged garage... Remove the bolts holding the passenger side motor mount to the frame. Remove the nuts from the top of the motor mount rubber (where it attaches to the engine plate) on the driver's side. Wiggle it to get it off while lifting the motor. When you re-install the engine, line up the driver's side first. Start the nuts and wiggle the motor to line up the passenger mount. I have found this to be the easiest way.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye

PS - anybody need a 1975 shell?