[Spridgets] selling a car and getting paid.

Mike Rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Fri May 23 23:07:26 MDT 2008

  Well, maybe good news.  This guy sent up all the red flags you can
think of, bad spelling and contacting me from 3 different e-mail
addresses, never asked a question about my car, just basically said he
would like to buy it and offered me a mid-range price for it that is
acceptable to me, told me he would arrange the shipping from S. Calif.
and last red flag was the comment that he lives in Florida but is in
Virginia for a few months.

  I just got off the phone with the Singer Owners Club secretary and it
would appear he is a paying member since 2005, I was the President of
the club until Jan of this year and have never heard of him so obviously
a non-active but paying member.  We ONLY know this because one of the
e-mail addresses he contacted me from is a members e-mail according to
the club secretary.

 That makes me feel much better but I will be going very carefully
anyway, I offered to split the paypal expenses but he said no, he wants
to send either cashiers check or personal check, we are going to discuss
this further but I may take one of this lists suggestions and pay for a
attorney for escrow, we also have one club member in Virginia that I
have contacted and maybe willing to play middle man and that member is
retired attorney that I have met at a few Singer events on the East Coast.

 The club secretary gave me his phone number and I will call him in the
morning to see if its the same guy and how we can proceed.

  Thanks for all the suggestions, glad to see I was not worried for nothing.

    mike