[Spridgets] The seemingly endless Exxon Valdez Saga...

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sat May 24 17:48:47 MDT 2008

Make or get (from APT) a carb spacer block with a vacuum port.
Maybe lose the PCV valve and just run some vacuum?  You seem to have
the PCV valve backward, anyway.  I'd try losing it all together.
Those extra ports go different places.  Some go to a vacuum source
near the throttle plate for some dizzys with strange vacuum needs.
Double check the one where you have your dizz and make sure it is
giving the kind of signal your dizz needs, ie shrouded or not.
Your fuel bowl vent could use a little hose down or something.  It
probably went to some kind of charcoal/tank vent system on the
original car.
My book shows FZX 1435 is for 1982 Metro Turbo, which means unless you
have different needle/spring/jet, you are probably not going to get it
tuned correctly.
The book shows needle NZX 8004, spring AUD 4398, and jet LZX 1029.
The jet is common to non-turbo 80-82 1275 Metros but the spring/needle
are different.
HTH
Sorry if this stuff was already covered, I just started reading this thread.
First, try losing or reversing your PCV valve.