[Spridgets] no new toy for now

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Wed May 28 10:15:33 MDT 2008

The Morris fire truck in Reno was already sold by the time I saw the
craigslist ad, the Sebring bonnet MkIII still has clouded paperwork and I'm
bummed.  I really had the aquisition bug there, and couldn't scratch it.
After a couple of talks with the wife, we've decided that the only new LBC
that makes sense to add to the fleet is a Morris pickup or van.  So now the
search is narrowed down to just the three acceptable Moggies.  Pickup, van or
flatbed.  If any lister out there knows of such a beast in need of a new home
and at least a few months of restoration, please contact me.  Its great having
the enthusiastic approval of the wife, but not so good knowing that she has
already named the theoretical future aquisition "Percy" after her grandfather.
Frikkin swell..... but it ain't going on the plate!!!

I may go see the MkIII kid and offer $200 cash for the Sebring bonnet this
next weekend and see if he bites.  An extra nose would be cool whether I find
another Moggie or not.

Glen Byrns