[Spridgets] Dipstick tube

Weslake1330 at aol.com Weslake1330 at aol.com
Wed May 28 13:45:02 MDT 2008

The factory part number is 12G 107 which looks to be the plastic  tube.
However, later engines have a steel tube for which I'm not able to  find a part
number though clearly it's different.  The dipsticks are  specific to each type
of tube and if you get it wrong then you get oil out of  the dipstick hole.
US cars may be different again and had a dipstick with  a 45 degree bend on it
while UK cars were generally straight.

I'd be interested in a steel tube if anyone is ever scrapping a block with
one in it.

regards

Daniel

In a message dated 28/05/2008 20:19:31 GMT Daylight Time, jdc6 at Lehigh.EDU