[Spridgets] 1500 engine

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 21:39:08 MST 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Vernon Olson <vern at srvinet.com> wrote:
I have a Nash Metro and it has an ah 1500 engine.  Does anyone know if
parts are interchangeable between this engine and the midget 1500?
I see the parts seem to be more expensive if supplied for the Nash.

The older Metros actually started life with a 1200 CC engine. It was
probably an offshoot of the MGTD/TF engine. The later ones had a 1500. It is
very much like the MGA engine as others have stated. An MGB engine will drop
right in. With a little work a 1275 would probably be an easy fit too... My
dad's 1954 Hudson Metro is still in the family and I plan to get it back on
the road someday!

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye