[Spridgets] 0:{) Musings Part 2 of 2

dwoerpel at wi.net dwoerpel at wi.net
Mon Nov 10 06:09:34 MST 2008

After church:
Spiritually renewed and for some, with no ill effects, ;-), we attacked
the Sprite like ants on a cupcake (Jim has a better description but this
is a family show).  So many people were involved we had to wait our turn
to work on our chosen task.  Suddenly, most of the workers took a lunch
break, Father Jack, like the proverbial kid at Christmas, looked at me
and smiled and climbed into the car to try it on for size.  I told him to
give the key a twist so he didnt have to make Vroom-vroom noises.  The
resulting smile was like a flashbulb (yes, I know no one uses those
anymore).  A very cool moment.

By 4 pm 0:{) was far enough along that Father Jack could take it on its
maiden run.  The smile was ear to ear as he turned the key, snicked the
lever into first, gingerly let out the clutch pedal, applied the throttle,
and slowly, then faster, drove off into the sunset, literally.  He kept
the assembly of volunteers waiting for some moments before the smiling
face with the bug-eyed headlights could be detected racing towards us.
Later, Father Jack confided that he wanted to race past us but we were in
the middle of the road taking pictures! (Whew, glad those brakes worked!)

After many pictures, hugs, and high-fives we all took a turn riding or
driving 0:{).  Just like that it was over.  People started leaving to
return to families and jobs.  A couple of months of time and lots of
effort results in one very grateful semi-retired man.  The car still needs
some fettling but Father Jack has his Sprite.  Talk about warm fuzzy
feelings!

This Golden Moment was brought to you by the efforts and donations of many
people, most from the list.  This is what our family is all about.

Special thanks to Diane, who accepted us for the weekend, fed us,
entertained us and made sure we got to bed at a reasonable hour!  You are
the greatest Diane!!  Of course THANKS to Frank and his family for the
time and massive amount of effort and money (he still needs some donations
otherwise he has to sell one of the kids).  Hey Frank!  Rest that leg will
ya?

Larry, Linda, and Frank: I will send you a CD of pictures for use as you
see fit.

THANKS for a fantastic weekend all!!!
Dave and Terri
59 :{)