[Spridgets] Bugeye engine project

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 02:06:30 MST 2008

You can remove it from the car with the bonnet in situ. I would however,
recommend that if you are working inside, that you use ropes or similar, to
raise the bonnet as much as the hinges will allow, for ease of exit. My bug
isn't running yet, but I have used it for a place to keep a motor. I need to
redo my rack storage, so it was easier to just put one of the spare
drivetrains into the bug. It isn't real easy, but it can be done

Brad

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Mark J Bradakis <mark at bradakis.com> wrote:

> So we have a customer with a 1960 Bugeye who wants a streetable
> hot rod engine built for him over the winter.  I'm a Triumph guy, not
> much experience with BMC A series engines, or Bugeyes for that
> matter.  So no doubt I'll be trying to get you folks to guide me along
> the way.
>
> First off, is it necessary to yank off the bonnet to pull the motor and
> gearbox, or can they be snuck out from underneath the sheet metal?
>
> The car is currently equipped with a 40DCOE carb and a long center
> branch header.  The header is in good shape, probably solid enough to
> clean it up and get a ceramic coating.  I do wonder if the bolt on bits
> reflect any internal engine work.  Once the engine is out and torn
> down and we can see what sort of condition it is in, I'll probably have
> further questions for you Sprite experts.  The first thing, though, is
> getting the thing out of the car.
>
> mjb.

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad