[Spridgets] PCV ?

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Wed Nov 12 13:46:45 MST 2008

Hello Spridgets,

          When I had my 1098 (10cc 2" mains) rebuilt, it came back
          WITHOUT the little pancake breather thing. It shows up in
          pics of the Holy Sprite. Instead a rubber hose was run
          directly from the manifold to the cannister.  ?

          After years of running this configuration, I've finally
          located a replacement, with a good diaphram.

          The Question.. to what end?  What is the purpose of the
          pancake thingy? Will putting it back in the system relieve
          high crankcase pressure? I tend to blow more oil at high
          rpms's .. will it help? does it hurt? .. what's the
          Dealeee-O?
--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

  Be nice to your kids. They will choose your nursing home.