[Spridgets] Holy Sprite

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Nov 29 17:15:48 MST 2008

Hal Faulkner wrote:
> Frank,
> I was just looking at the Holy sprite pics on the OSHIT web site.  It's a
> strange situation that the Holy Sprite is missing BOTH headlight trim rings.
> What do you have to say for yourself?

Buster stopped by and took them.
We had to adjust the headlamps before we put the trims on, it was still
light out when Fr Jack drove the car, not dark enough to adj the lights.
It has trim rings now but the new repro e-brake cable has stretched
beyond is useful life.
3 weeks since install and Fr Jack was by the other day with E-brake
issues, the handle comes up way past it's end and the brakes do not
hold. I watched it stretch in front of me. I had the car on a jack
adjusting the cable, pulled the lever to lock the wheels, 5 minutes
later the wheels were free. I did it again, one more click on the lever,
wheels locked, 5 mins later the wheels moved. How can this be?    CHEAPO
REPRO.
I picked up an NOS cable off Ebay, I have to change it.
I knew the cable was junk as I bought one a few years ago only to have
it last about a month before it stretches out like a 50 year old cable.

I'm sure he will have a few other shake down problems but so far he is
one happy priest!
Somebody was the car Tuesday up in Point Pleasant, some one else saw it
in Bricktown a different day, and he stopped by on Thanksgiving on the
way to his family dinner.
He is driving it!
We need rebuildable side curtains for it. Anybody have a spare set?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ