[Spridgets] Weekly Holy Sprite Update

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Oct 19 19:55:30 MDT 2008

The Holy Sprite is painted under the bonnet, inside the body tub, engine
bay, and the insides of the doors.
My son will paint the outer body tomorrow night.
I spent the day yesterday de-dusting the garage and washing down the
Holy Sprite to get rid of all that sanding dust.
The body has been hand block sanded with 400 grit paper and it looks
pretty good.
Fr Jack stops by every few days to check it out. He is excited!
The rear axle case is painted black, thanks to Linda for cleaning it up
and getting the rust off of it. It looks great.
I have bead blasted the axles and painted them too. Powder coated the
brake drums and have been cleaning up and painting or powder coating all
the specialty nuts and bolts. I bought a supply of new nuts and bolts
for all the rest of the car so reassembly should be a breeze.
I hope to have it wet sanded and buffed out by the end of next weekend.
If all goes well, I'll be on time with the schedule, even a bit early.
Remember, the final assembly O.S.H.I.T. weekend is November 8th & 9th.
I ordered a new top, found one for $189 on line and I will be ordering
tires from Tire Rack so in the week or so before the
assembly Oshit, I will get the tires mounted and powder coat the wheels.
I still need to get a battery but that's a 15 minute job.
The wire harness is finished with any and all mods that were needed to
put an electric solenoid in  Bugeye.
I will have to move the fuse box and regulator due to using a MKII
Sprite wire harness but that should be no big deal.
A Bugeye with a key start, no pull cable.
I also found out tonight that a friend of my son has an "IN" with a
metal plater, he is going to see about getting the cockpit surround
anodized.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ