[Spridgets] Holy Problem

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 20:38:03 MDT 2008

Holy Sprite gas gauge.
I have both the Bugeye and the later fuel gauges.
I have a late fuel tank with the twist lock sending unit.
The Bugeye tank was full of holes so I have to use this late style tank.
Problem.....
Old gauge, new sender work in reverse, float up, gauge reads E float
down, gauge reads F.
New gauge, new sender, works OK, F= F but float down reads 1/4 on the gauge.
I am thinking this set up needs the voltage stabilizer which I have
somewhere but I already made and wrapped up the
Holy Harness.
Exactly how is that stabilizer wired in?
one side is 12 v in, the other is whatever volts stabilized coming out?
Does anybody think this will cure the 1/4 tank reading when the float is
fully down?
If not, I was going to just take the gauge apart and bend the needle to
suit. It is hidden under the valance on the later gauge.
Then maybe when full it will rest on the F not way past it.
Thoughts?
BTW, the Holy Sprite is all wet sanded and buffed out, wheel wells
blacked out with undercoating, and the door check straps are on ;)
I will be buffing out the cockpit surround since the anodizer wanted
$250 for the 3 pieces, I'll sand and polish them and teach the good
Father how to keep them polished. Road wheels are powder coated and the
tires should be here Mon or Tues. I have the installer talked into
mounting them for nothing. (He owes me a favor anyway)
More later.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ