[Spridgets] 1500 engine

cclabaw at juno.com cclabaw at juno.com
Fri Oct 31 10:16:36 MST 2008

The Nash Metro used a low-compression, single-carb version of the BMC 1500,
also used in some Austins.  The Magnette motor was very close to the MGA.  The
Metro also came with a 3-speed gearbox with a column (actually dashboard)
shifter.

Clay L.
'67 Sprite

-- David Booker <tncarnut1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
--- On Thu, 10/30/08, David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote: "The MGA
engine would be considered an upgrade."

I'm pretty sure another source for that engine is the Magnette.  If anybody
is
interested, I have a friend with 1500 engine sitting on a stand in his
garage.  It is from an old Magnette.  The car was a rusty hulk which he's
parting out, but the engine was apparenlty in very good rebuildable shape.
 - David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island
You are subscribed as cclabaw at juno.com