[Spridgets] Windscreen replacement

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:40:59 MDT 2008

Especially if you put all new rubber on the damned thing like I did!!  Colin
Dodd finally told me the secret for that. The long rubber gasket needs to be
trimmed away some where it overlaps the gasket under the windshield post.
Then all you need is several good sized Gorillas to help push the post down
so you can get the bolts in. As Kate said, grow a few small hands on each
arm....

Cheers!!
Jim

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:46 AM, David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com>wrote:

> >  At the ABFM-pdx, i was able to obtain a windscreen complete with
> >  frame ($125) to replace the one that took a rock, while passing thru
> >  Idaho on my way to LotO.
> >
> >  Are they really as easy to replace as it seems? FOUR bolts on the
> >  side two for the support rod and PULL UP? Or are there tricks and
> >  precautions?
>
> If it is anything like the later Spridgets, you are asking the WRONG
> question.
> The REAL question is, "How hard is it to put the new one in?"

Cheers!!
Jim