[Spridgets] Update on "Front suspension causing car to have mind of its own (and hello)"

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 9 14:08:39 MDT 2008

Alright - the short version! I tightened the U-bolts that hold the rear axle
on and, while I think it definitely helped, there's still a good bit of sway
whilst driving along. They were certainly not very tight, so I don't think I
can have done any particular harm.

I am wondering whether the swaying is really just a symptom of the more
general feeling I have in the car that the bottom of the car is separated from
the top by a water bed. Every time I turn a corner I feel as if the top is
going to slide off the water-bed and bounce down the road. Does this make it
more likely that it's some sort of front suspension thing?

Any help much appreciated (and beware here, because if I see a sign of life on
this list then I have a separate problem I'm going to foist upon you all!),

Chris