[Spridgets] Hi, I'm new. Please help me and my '76

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 16 06:43:54 MDT 2008

My garage is full of junk, because I can't bring myself to be the one who
destroyed one of our precious little cars.  I have a titled bondo bucket (
always forget if it is a '64 or '66 ), a rust free titled '73 that was
rear-ended ( needs RR fender and rear deck, among other things ). my titled
RHD '65 ( 'The Sprite' ) that needs the bottom few inches replaced.  Add to
that, my '67 MG driver that is deteriorating.  I have projects to keep me
busy for awhile.

I missed picking up a '69 Midget last weekend that was "too rusty" by about
2 hours.  I sent the email as he was hauling it to the recyclers where it
was picked off his trailer; dropped in a truck; and hauled away to places
unknown for meltdown.  I was thinking that I would have a surplus of parts
if I got it and it was as rusty as he said ( he didn't go into details ),
and I would be able to give them to those in need.  In reality, I would
probably have ended up saying to myself that it could be fixed ... someday.

RD

----Original Message Follows----

Billy Zoom wrote:
 >>  There's something special about
 >> re-acquiring a car you used to own.
 > There's something REALLY special about a car with no rust.

Maybe, but they're a dime-a-dozen in California.  Here in NH,
even my fully-galvanized-body Audi has some rust.  Even the
pine trees along the highway are rust-colored; my guess is
they're dying from the salt.

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2