[Spridgets] Hi, I'm new. Please help me and my '76

Kathryn Bales kgb at frontiernet.net
Tue Sep 16 19:49:54 MDT 2008

You guys, like most men, are forgetting that this car has sentimental
value.  If I could find my first MG, other than a few nuts and bolts
that are probably still somewhere on the hill I splattered her on, I
would do everything in my power to restore her.

If I remember my ancient history correctly, Two Gun Clarici knows how to
make floor panels from sheet metal.  Installation is not that big a
deal. I can even do it, and I have no nerves in most of my fingers.
Sanding and some Ospho will take care of any surface rust, and what is
underneath doesn't need to have a pretty repair, just functional. Any
oopsies can be covered by 3M Undercoating, which will also protect the
undercarriage until the normal covering of oil takes over..

Instead of recommending a steering wheel and VIN transplant, let's help
the poor schmuck fix the car he has finally reconnected with.

Kate