[Spridgets] When does it become restored?

Tracy Drummond bighealey at charter.net
Wed Sep 17 05:41:12 MDT 2008

Bill,

I my opinion a restoration involves removing and disassembly of the entire
car down to the last nut and bolt.  This is what I have done on my
daughter's Midget.  I then media blasted every nut and bolt, mount, bracket,
hinge, rim and re-plated, epoxy self etch primed, painted, rebuilt or
otherwise restored back to original every part.  Now it is time to
reassemble.

There are varying degrees of restoration from sympathetic or partial to
full. Then there are concors restorations, rolling restorations, and
resto-mods.

Seems like a topic that could take up tons of digital bits and network
bandwidth to only come full circle to individual opinions.

I am sure there are some that feel a new paint job and carpet kit
constitutes a restoration (see ebay for many examples).  I am equally a
confident that many feel there is "only one right way" and it has to be
extreme and out of reach to the casual hobbyist (read medium income blokes)
without special tools, down flow paint booths, chroming jigs and full on
machine shops.

Rev rev  My 2 cents

Tracy Drummond                  Gang Warily !
President AHCUSA              www.healey.org