[Spridgets] When does it become restored?

cclabaw at juno.com cclabaw at juno.com
Wed Sep 17 11:46:57 MDT 2008

Not to mention 'restomods'.

Clay L.

-- "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman at gmail.com> wrote:
Geez, Bill!  Now you've gone and done it!  You've opened Pandora's box!  We
went through this routine on my antique motorcycle list 2 years ago and it
took MONTHS and thousands of emails to realize there are as many definitions
of "restored" as there are people doing "restorations"....  I'm stayin'
outta this one!!

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Bill L <pythias at pacifier.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>        the talk about slowly replacing a car, part by part until it
>        no longer has ANY parts original brings up and intesting
>        point....
>
>        When is a car considered restored?
>
>        when it gets repainted?.. body AND paint?
>
>        the engine rebuilt? .. engine and tranny?
>
>        the interior redone?.. or does doing ANY one of these
>        constitute a "restoration"?...
>
>        or does a car have to be ALL original? ..
>
>        Or is replacing regular maintanance  items? shocks, tires,
>        points, brakes? coil? valves? whole head?
>
>        is there a consensus on this?
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com
>
>  '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"
>
>  code code code code eat code code code sleep code code...

Cheers!!
Jim
You are subscribed as cclabaw at juno.com

http://www.team.net/archive