[Spridgets] Rear Shocks

Guy Weller guy.weller at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 01:00:06 MDT 2008

JMJ,

I did this conversion on my '71 Sprite, but didn't use an expensive
commercial kit.
Front shocks from a classic mini (not the BMW variety!) are the correct
length.
They fit as a direct replacement for the rubber check straps on the rear
axle.
The lower spring plates need to be turned over and swapped side for side and
then with the use of suitably sized bolts and washers, top and bottom, they
just bolt on. Conversion cost me 12GBP total ($20?)and they have worked
fine.

Guy