[Spridgets] ELVF photos

John Caffrey jdc6 at Lehigh.EDU
Wed Sep 24 07:00:04 MDT 2008

   Ron Soave wrote:

     OK, but it slipped every once in a while going hard up a hill (turn
     5) towards the end of a few sessions.

   Ron,
   Is  there  any  chance  that  disc  wear  during the session moved the
   fingers out enough to use up the free play?

What release
bearing are you
using,

Stock carbon puck /slave cylinder  with a Tilton spacer/guide tube ahead of the
 bearing

   I  didn't  know  Tilton  made  a  guide  tube!  I  started  on  a home
   fabrication for that. Is it illustrated anywhere?  Or a P/N?

and how are you limiting the throw?

There's a welded nut on the footwell firewall; a long bolt with 2 nuts on it li
nes up perfectly with Tilton clutch pedal. We dialed in the throw of the pedal
by lifting the rear wheels, putting it in gear, and limiting travel after the w
heels broke free from depressing the pedal. Maybe 3/4" to 1 inch pedal throw to
tal!

   I  saw  a figure for throw at the fingers on the clutch cover drawing.
   .771" , if I remember correctly. So you must have correlated to that?

It took quite a beating this weekend. I think the slipping problem is easily so
lved. The engine bay was absolutely bone dry, so the oil must have been on the
flywheel instead this time ;-))

   I guess an oiling problem could be solved easily by a rear seal kit?

John