[Spridgets] Odd fuel pump question

Chris Manuel cmanuel at wi.rr.com
Wed Sep 24 21:23:23 MDT 2008

Hello-

Can an AC fuel pump suddenly increase pressure?

I've been running fairly OK for a month or so, and suddenly smelled gas.  My
forward carb (on my 1098) started overflowing.  I observed this after
turning the key and waiting for the thumps to stop after reaching
pressure-but this time it just kept going.

(I'm working on electrical issues, wasn't planning on this one.)

I popped the float and cleaned it out and made sure it was adjusted OK.
Lines were tight and not leaking.  It now does not leak, but now the pump is
constantly running with the key to on, and I know it has clean gas in the
(clean) tank and pressure.  It runs OK actually.

Time to change the pump?  Something stuck in it?  It is pumping, not sure of
the psi yet.

Chris

66 MKIII