[Spridgets] economics of toys

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 26 06:42:42 MDT 2008

Off the top of my head, I would guess that there will be a lot hidden in
barns while people let their homes go.

Our little cars aren't worth a lot, so the funds would be like a band-aid in
the big scheme of things.

I 'think' that projects sell at a loss, and unfortunately, generally
speaking, parted out cars probably bring in the most dollars ( but also
require more effort. ).

----Original Message Follows----
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe at optonline.net>

The economic "melt-down" is likely to increase the number of Spridgets and
other toys entering the market.  What are the list's opinions on the quality
of the cars most likely to become available?  Will people give up and sell
unfinished projects to get out from under them?  Or will they sell their
finished cars to get more money?

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY