[Spridgets] Repro Ignition Switch

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Tue Sep 30 11:02:48 MDT 2008

I was able to rebuild (well sort of) my ignition switch in the BE, but I have
to jiggle it to get the parking lights to work. So in investigating repro
ignition switches, I found that Mo$$ has the best price by ~$50! does anyone
have any experience with the "Classic Gold" brand repro?
In the same vein, when I had the switch out (and finally got the headlight
bezel off (Patience, Patience) I was going to put the repro bezel onto the
switch so that I didn't run the risk of damaging the original if I had to
replace the switch, BUT the repro is 1.60" ID, and the original is 1.65" ID.
Has anyone else run into this? is the repro just a POS or does it fit the
"Classic Gold" switch correctly?
TIA,

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779