[Spridgets] England tour suggestions

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 7 14:17:05 MDT 2009

Thank you all for the suggestions.  I forwarded them to my wife to see what
can be added to the itinerary.  I'm sure my trip will be more enjoyable
because of your help.  Truth be told, in addition to hating flying, I have no
deep interest in seeing England and am doing this mainly for my wife who is
VERY into England and history.  Adding the Beaulieu auto jumble and the WWII
history sites will go a long way to balancing out the trip.
By taking her to England this fall, it takes "visiting England" off the plate
and opens up next spring for something I want to do.  I'll be preparing to
backpack down the John Muir trail over 30 days next spring.  While she sits
home and sorts out her England pictures, I'll be eating starchy instant meals
and sleeping on rocks.  I did it the year after I started working for the
University back in 1976 and it seems fitting to do it again just before I
retire.  Career wrapping up, kids raised and schooled, garage as full as it
can get of LBCs, its finally time to get back to another passion.

Best,
Glen