[Spridgets] Hennessy hammocks

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 23:59:00 MDT 2009

I have carried an El-Cheapo nylon mesh hammock on my motorcycle for nearly
40 years of camping. Cost is a couple of bucks at Wally World or KMart.
Throw a sleeping bag in it and cover yourself with a ground cloth. Nothing
new here except someone found a good way to make money.  ;-)

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Michael Rowe <mdrowe at optonline.net> wrote:

> <http://hennessyhammock.com/>
>>

> I have been using a Hennessy hammock for 4-5 years, initially for canoe
> camping, and now for all camping.  I recently got one for my wife as well.
> They are remarkably comfortable and convenient.  I replaced the stock fly
> with an 8'x10' silinylon tarp, which I extend 7' out one side for a covered
> working space.  (The hammock also forms a sling chair under the tarp
> extension.)
>
> The only problem with the hammock is lack of insulation on the bottom.  It
> is cold even in modestly cool weather, as it squishes the down in the
> sleeping bag flat all around the sides, not just on the bottom.  This might
> not be a problem with synthetic bags; I don't know.  I have fussed with
> various alternative pads.  Most are not wide enough to insulate the sides.
> Some creativity can probably solve this problem.

> You are subscribed as bmwwxman at gmail.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein