[Spridgets] Seats

Bob Spruck mgmaven at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 9 19:09:54 MDT 2009

How about moving the steering wheel forward some, or switch to a smaller
diameter wheel with no dish? I did this on my ' 67 vintage racer in order
to get a more straight arm driving position even though I didn't need to
make adjustments for my legs. I also replaced the steering shaft with a
later design that had a compressible safety cage  and compressed the cage
an inch or so to shorten it up.

The proper and comfortable distance for my legs and feet relative to the
fixed pedals dictated where the seat was welded in and then I adjusted the
steering wheel/shaft/etc to give me a proper driving position. It helps to
be only 5' 7", too.

Bob