[Spridgets] I'd buy a parts car, but it'd be nicer than the car I'm fixing.

Andrew Payne andrewpayne at intrex.net
Sat Apr 11 19:43:15 MDT 2009

Today marked the first day that the car looks more apart than together.
After removing the carpet the rust is so obvious, and prevalent.  To give
you an idea, if one were to fill the car with about an inch of water
(currently impossible due to the Swiss cheese effect) everything wet in this
example would be rust in my car.  There may be something to this
illustration.

Anywho, my list of parts I need seems to be getting much longer than the
list of keepers.  Does anyone have a good pair of shoulder type (1976)
seatbelts, or have a budget option?  Mine are shot in so many ways.

Also, my carpet which SEEMED pretty good, took out chunks of floor on
removal.  As bulk carpet is cheap, I think I'll replace, and am thinking
about carpeting most of the vinyl panels rather than revinyl/painting them.
Anyone tried this or think I'm crazy?

Cheers

Drew

'76 ruStpridget of undetermined colors.

'03 Suby-saurus WRX in "world rally blue pearl" but soon to have the newly
painted gold wheels!