[Spridgets] brake fluid question

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 15:33:06 MDT 2009

Ryan,

I would definitely drain the system and refill with fresh brake fluid. I
believe you can use either DOT3 or DOT4.  I use DOT3 in both clutch and
brakes. Hydraulic fluids should be changed regularly anyway. They are
hygroscopic meaning they absorb moisture from the air which contaminates
them an eventually will damage parts of the system from the inside. DOT3 and
DOT4 should be readily available just about anywhere. WalMart has it.

Are you sure its your master that is leaking and not one of the wheel
cylinders?

Cheers!!
Jim