[Spridgets] ABSOLUTELY NO LBC

Ed's Shop shop at justbrits.com
Fri Apr 17 21:18:55 MDT 2009

<<>>The sound of a shell being chambered in a Winchester 870 works wonders

  Or even a -Remington- 870. ;-)>>

Nah Ed<G>, the sound my Marlin 1894 .44Mag Lever HAS one of the
most UNIQUE sounds in the world with the 'next' 'sound' being one
that NO one would ever like to 'hear'!!!	LOL

I LIKE side-eject<VBG>!!

Still got my .22 one from late '50s<G>!!!  But it would NOT be the
one I reach for<VBG>!!!

Now WHY that one you might ask?!?

In '74 I rolled on a Detroit P.D. 'bomb call' at a known gang joint.
We parked behind a marked squad about 1/2 block from the joint
and about the time I put amb. in Park, call came out all clear.
We wanted to see if we knew who we parked behind (we did not)
and were watching these 2 uni's walkin to us and plain to see they
DID have 'levers'?!?!?  So we did get out & intro'ed ourselves &
asked about their choice of weapons.

Turned out they BOTH (together) had been STRANDED in a house
during the riots.  .30/.30 & .38 were the std. & approved weapons
of the time.  Ran outta BOTH cals. ammo UNDER fire.  They
VOWED to NOT have it happen again so the levers = .44m and their
side arms = .44m and they had a PAIR of old WW II 'ammo boxes
in the 'boot'.  A pair of saddle-type scabbards wrapped around the
front seats so exit from vehicle was quite 'fluid'<G>!!

NEVER forgot THAT one<G> and got mine about a year later!!!

Great weapon<G>!!!

Me