[Spridgets] Buy your T Series MG for $650???

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:39:16 MDT 2009

Kinda like "sell us your house to make way for a new stadium" is completely
voluntary, until you refuse to sell. Then they impose eminent domain on you,
and just f'n take it.
In the communist country of california, your turn to get screwed will
come...

Brad

The rest of us will have our turn later. It's just that the government has
seen fit to use cali as a test bed for all their f'd up laws. Try 'em there
first, and if there isn't too much outcry, spread it across the nation.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:37 PM, <rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Forwarded from the T-series list:
>
> California and San Francisco Bay Area T series owners should get a laugh
> out
> of the letter, paraphrased below that I recently got from the Bay Area Air
> Quality Management District:
>
> "Dear Vehicle Owner:
>
> Since the registration on your model year 1951 vehicle is expiring soon,
> please consider an alternative to driving this vehicle.    You can receive
> $650 for your 1987 or older car, van or pickup truck from the Bay Area Air
> Quality Management District and help reduce air pollution.
>
> The District's Buy Back Program buys and then scraps 1987 and older
> vehicles.
> These older vehicles have less efficient emission control equipment and
> therefore produce much more air pollution than newer vehicles.  This
> program
> is completely voluntary.  If your car is a classic car or otherwise
> valuable
> to you, please disregard this letter."
>

> Needless to say I will be disregarding the letter.  No wait, I think I'll
> write the BAQMD and ask why they are wasting my taxpayer funds to mail
> these
> letters out to owners of cars as old as mine.   Any car of this age still
> registered and in operation is already a classic and more valuable to the
> owner than the $650 offered. Still I wonder if the "program is completely
> voluntary" provision will someday be rescinded?
>
> Time to write your legislators and express your opinions now?
>
> John F. Quilter
> Brisbane, California
> 1951 MGTD,
> 1960 Morris Minor